How to make money on Fiverr in Nigeria
Do you have any skill, and you haven’t been making money with it, or you don’t know how to get customers to patronize you?
If the answer is yes, I will urge you to wait and read this article to the end as I will be explaining how to make money on Fiverr in Nigeria.
Table of content
- What is Fiverr?
- Terms used in Fiverr
- Steps to make money on Fiverr
- Things to avoid on Fiverr
For those of us who don’t know what Fiverr is or haven’t heard of it before, Fiverr is a freelancing platform where buyers are sellers meet, negotiate and get projects done for as low as $5.
That is precisely where the name Fiverr is derived; it’s a platform where you can hire anyone to do any specific task for you at a meager price as low as $5.
I know many will be curious if the buyer didn’t pay and ran away with the money.
Such don’t happen on Fiverr because the buyer would have paid right before you start working, and once he approves your project, then you’re good to withdraw your money through PayPal or pioneer.
Fiverr is home to skills where we have many experts on whatever you want to do.
According to research, we have thousands of freelancers making their money online from Fiverr since its launch in the year 2010.
Terms used in Fiverr
- Buyer – just like we have it in our normal market places, a buyer is a person that buys goods, products,s or services. The person giving out a job or project on Fiverr are called buyers.
- Seller – same as our market places, the person rendering the service, selling this product and goods are known as the seller. You trying to make money on Fiverr must apply as a seller because buyers spend while sellers render services.
- Gigs – another common term we use on Fiverr is the word gig, and it simply means the summary and explanation of your skill and services ranging from the gig description, your price range, and categories.
- If you want to make money on Fiverr, you should know how to create a nice and compelling gig because the buyers who are looking for someone to do what exactly you are doing will have to look at your gig before giving you any project. If your gig isn’t compelling enough, you may not make any money on Fiverr.
- Review– a review on Fiverr means your buyers remark after you’re done with their project. I’ve seen so many instances where some new buyers don’t even bother asking questions or negotiating, but all they do is check out your review and see if you have been good to your previous customers before they hire you. To boost your rank and assurance of getting a job on Fiverr, you should persuade all your buyers to give you a review, and I’m sure if you did an excellent job for them, they shouldn’t have a problem doing that.
- Buyer request- buyer request on Fiverr is the post made by a buyer when they need someone to work on any project for them, and you have a seller who will have to apply by sending a request back. The buyer request contains the project they want to work on, the duration they expect you to work on the project, their budget, and some other criteria needed for the job. It’s always wise and advisable not to apply for any request you can’t handle.
- Outsourcing– Fiverr means accepting a job and giving it to someone else to do at a lesser price. We have many people doing this too on fiver, but if you do this, you should still have some ideas on the project to know how to answer your clients.
- Levels – as sellers on Fiverr, we have different levels, and those levels have some advantages over themselves. Still, it’s so good if you can try and attain the level 2 seller or probably the level 1 because most of the rest of the level has to send buyer requests before they can receive any project to work on. They also have a maximum of 10 buyer requests per day, while levels 1 and 2 can send any amount of buyer requests per day.
Steps to make money on Fiverr
Fiverr is like our normal market places where the buyer will have to check out so many products before picking anyone based on what they have seen or heard.
Some people are also given projects on Fiverr based on recommendations by Fiverr itself because of the time they have been working on Fiverr and their multiple good reviews from customers.
If you really want to make money on Fiverr, the following are the steps to take.
1. Create a Fiverr account.
To be able to hire or be hired on Fiverr, you have to create an account with them, which will include some verifications that will show you are not a robot, and you don’t have multiple ones they know you have various Fiverr accounts. They know all will be deactivated.
Only registered users can do any form of transaction on Fiverr.
- To sign in, visit www.fivver.com
- Click on the join button
- Input the mail you want to use for the registration (the mail should be yours because you will receive time to time notifications on it if you have any reply from your customers or you have any project to work on)
- Choose a username (always pick a simple username that matches the type of service you’re offering. It’s always an advantage)
- Pick a password – Fiverr password pattern requires some complex passwords because they use upper case, lower case, numbers, and symbols, and this is just to safe guild your money and your privacy. You can always write down your password in a secure place or probably save it on your Google password storage, so it has to keep you logged in.
- I know by now, they would have sent a mail to your email containing a link to activate your account. Check the mail and click on the link for activation.
- Every seller must complete four necessary profile requirements before they begin selling or receiving any project on Fiverr.
- Personal info – where you provide your names, educational status, and so on
- Account security requires another form of verification through your phone number to secure your account if you forget your password.
- Professional info – this includes the full details of your skills, your experience e.t.c
- Linked accounts – for global visibility, you’re to link your Fiverr account to your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This also helps people find you and award you projects on such a platform.
Complete all the forms you are provided with by entering all the required details in their appropriate fields and clicking on the continue button each.
- Edit your profile. Your profile has everything to do with how well you receive projects and make money on Fiverr. Professionally editing your profile will show the buyer that you are competent enough for the job available.
- Create a gig
You can check out what a gig is in my previous outline but for better understanding, let’s check out what a gig is and its usefulness. Your seller profile is useless without a gig on your account because only buyers don’t need to create any gig.
A gig is like your presence on Fiverr that shows what you do and the rate you do them. So, after creating a seller profile, you must create a gig to begin selling and making money with your Fiverr account.
On Fiverr, we have up to 8 categories of services with so many sub-services in which your skill must belong to which are:
- Graphics & Design – these are for graphics and art designers.
- Digital Marketing – this is for affiliate marketers and any form of marketing.
- Writing & Translation – this is for the writer, such as content creation, blog post writing, eBook writing, etc.
- Video & Animation – this includes the youtube video makers and animation programmers.
- Music & Audio – music composition, research, transcriptions, and music productions.
- Programming & Tech – website designers and so on
- Fun & Lifestyle
So, let’s take the example of a Content Writer or blog post creator who wants to offer services on Fiverr.
The writer needs to create “gigs” that showcase the writing they want to offer on Fiverr. Is it article writing, poetry, or even blog posts? Create a gig that details the services that you want to offer.
A key aspect of creating a gig is pricing. Out of the box, Fiverr allows you to create three pricing levels for each gig which they label “basis,” “standard,” and “premium.”.
The idea is to offer a minor quality of services for the least price and higher quality services at the premium stage with correlating quality services.
A service of $5 will be considered the least because that’s the minor transaction amount you can have on Fiverr.
You can put any price you wish in this pricing segment. Still, it’s always advisable to start so little as a beginner but not so little also because your buyer knows the right amount to pay for these services, which means anything far below their expected price may make them think you don’t know about the service and anything far above it may also chase them away.
An excellent and wise practice that you can imbibe when trying to create your new gigs is to search Fiverr for the top freelancers offering the same services as you plan to do, then study and emulate how they formatted their gigs.
Do not copy their text and other content because doing so may cause harm to your account.
Fiverr has a very strict policy that detests dishonesty. Once any simple form of dishonesty is noticed, your account may be deleted and you won’t have access to your earnings if you have any so with this, you are only advised to emulate their metadata, formatting, and pricing.
- Optimize your gig for better ranking
Many will be like optimizing in what aspect.
Optimization isn’t only useful in blogging but also here on Fiverr because Fiverr also have their own search engine that you must impress to have a better ranking and better ranking means more project and income.
Creating a gig is one thing, getting enough sales is another. There’s a lot of competition for jobs on Fiverr because we have more than enough skillful and awesome sellers on Fiverr but there’s always a space for you if you know how to optimize your gig.
There are already many authority freelancers on whichever category or subcategory you can think of.
There are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of freelancers offering their skills on Fiverr, so you want to stand out from the rest.
The best way for you to easily land jobs is by optimizing your profile so that prospective clients can find you when they are searching for the kinds of services that you offer.
That’s why you must make sure you carry out all the necessary optimization when creating your gig and writing a description for your service.
The first place to start optimizing your gigs is the name that you give to your gigs. Make sure that the names of your gigs correspond with the likely search term that people are using when searching for the service you offer.
Then you must make sure that your description is solid and enticing with facts and sincerity that will sweep your client off their feet because most of the people you will deal with on Fiverr as a Nigerian are the whites and foreigners.
These people have a great taste for sincerity and honesty. Ensure that you find a way to input the search terms relevant to your services in the gig description, but don’t stuff it with unnecessary information that will make your description so hard to understand or read.
Next, input your gig metadata. Make sure that your metadata reflects the keyword you are trying to rank for and close synonym.
Repeat your keyword as much as possible in a sensible and good order that reflects your competency and skillfulness.
- Apply For projects
After optimizing your gigs, the next step to help you make money on Fiverr is to start applying for jobs. Most of the jobs you will get on Fiverr will come from new clients as a newbie on Fiverr. Therefore, you need to apply for jobs to stand a chance of getting jobs.
As a beginner on Fiverr, you are given the chance to send just 10 buyer requests per day, and if you know how to send good appealing, and convincing buyer requests, it’s more than enough to start making money.
Knowing the best way to answer a buyer’s request is also important. Many are making the mistakes of introducing themselves when they are sending their buyer request and that’s not what the client is looking for.
The client is looking for someone who has a solution to the problem they have and you can show them that through your buyer request by mentioning just some tips on what they can do to solve that problem then draw them to your private section where you can tell them your plan for their project as well as your rate if you will need to increase or reduce because of one thing or the other.
- Render quality services
A sure way to maintain constant income on Fiverr is by rendering quality services to your clients on Fiverr.
If you want to make money on Fiverr, you must render quality services.
With quality services, you’ll keep old customers coming back for more and win over new clients because they will be so happy to recommend you to another client.
Client on Fiverr isn’t so hard to please in as much you know the way around your skill very well because to communicate with them also need a high level of understanding.
One thing you should never forget also is loyalty. Some of these clients are busy people who won’t even check out the project you have done before approving them but this shouldn’t make you do something you won’t be proud of because Fiverr always favors the buyer more than the seller which means even after approving the project, if the client discovers any form of dishonesty, they have the right to report you and this can lead to suspension if care isn’t taken.
That’s why you must make sure you render only services you can complete with ease while still maintaining good quality.
If you don’t render services you can complete with ease, you may find it difficult to cope with your freelancing career.
There’s no limit to the amount of money you can make on Fiverr but everything solely depends on you. If you don’t break the rule, you are saved.
- ID verification
Not quite long, Fiverr started a policy that has been plucking out some bad fruits among them because so many clients have complained about their social media being hacked after they give the logins to social media managers on Fiverr while some website owner has also complained about the same.
To avoid this, Fiverrhas started a policy that is only pertaining to some people offering some sensitive services on Fiverr such as website programmers, social media managers, affiliate marketers, and content writers.
They will have to verify their account by uploading their ID and also snapping a picture of themselves to see if it matches the picture in the ID.
This is just to guarantee the safety of the client’s personal information and detail so I will advise you to get your ID ready if they ask for the verification.
Things to avoid on Fiverr.
- Don’t put in for services you can’t render – This is so important and can’t be over-emphasized because if you do this, you may end up frustrated and not making any money.
- Don’t buy review – Since the review is part of the criteria some clients use in awarding a project to people of Fiverr, many people have to pay so they can buy reviews on their account to boost their tendency of getting projects. This is wrong and dangerous because your account will be permanently deactivated if you are caught.
- Don’t copy peoples gig – creating gig on Fiverr requires research and this can be done by using Google and by studying the gig formats of the top-ranking Fiverr sellers but this doesn’t mean you should copy their gig because your account may be deactivated if the owner of the gig reports you.
- Do your ID verification yourself – this is quite important because I’ve seen so many sellers’ accounts with a huger amount of money being frozen because the owner employs someone to help in doing the ID verification because they don’t have the necessary ID card need. I will advise that you get your ID card ready before accumulating a lot of income on Fiverr so that you can do the verification whenever you are asked to do so.
- Avoid any form of dishonesty – you can’t expect a client that you did copy and paste for as a writer to come back to you with another project. Honesty guarantees you a lifetime client on Fiverr if you can just practice it.
There is a lot of money on Fiverr and seeing the situation of things in this country, I will admonish our youths to get their skills on Fiverr and make some good incomes in the dollar.